Wednesday 25 February 2009

Alcohol Ink Bangle

Before...........



........and after!...







I've just treated myself to my very first set of Alcohol inks and all the bits and pieces to go with them, so I thought I'd have a little play.

I've had these bangles for a wee while and wasn't really sure what I wanted to do with them, to be honest I wasn't sure if the inks would work on wood either, but I gave it a try and here's the end result! I love it!! These inks are just great, they are quite forgiving so it doesn't really matter what the end result turns out like, if you use the blending solution you can always change it, I did notice though, because this was done on wood the blending didn't work as well as it would have done if it was done on glossy card, but it did 'soften' the colours slightly. I painted the inside with the Blonde Moments acrylic metallic in black just to finish it off.

I'm really pleased with the end result of this piece, especially as it's my first attempt at using this medium. You can be rest assured I will definately be using them again!!

Thanks for looking in

Jackie x

2 comments:

Rosietoes said...

What a fantastic result Jackie. I use these inks on the usual surfaces but I never thought to try them with wood. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Beryl K said...

Wow Jackie, that is fabulous. I've just started playing with these as well.
Beryl x