Thursday 12 February 2009

Altered Art....Anniversary clipboard.

The front.......






I made this for my hubby for our 21st wedding anniversay tomorrow,


Something just a wee bit different! Not your usual card is it?

I bought this 'bare naked' clipboard from one of my fave craft shops, hubby was with me at the time and looked at me as if I was daft! (nothing unusual there then).

To start with, I covered the whole thing with a gorgeous set of 'manly' scrapbook papers that I've had in my craft stash for yonks! Just didn't really have the 'right' occasion to use them! Anyway, I overstamped some of the papers with the numbers and stitches stamps that a friend sent to me ages ago, and as I've not used them, just needed an excuse to play!, the phrases are rub-ons,the hearts, square frame and letters are all chipboard pieces that I have heat embossed in copper and gold, I also stamped into the hot embossing with a crackle background stamp to add a bit of texture.

The small photo frame at the bottom of the front of the board is actually memory glass, now this was a tad tricky as I haven't used this before, but all I did was to sandwich a small photo between two pieces of glass, then 'swipe' the sides through some versamark ink and then some copper embossing powder, heat this and you now have a 'joined' frame, just repeat on all sides, but do beware! It can get HOT so use tweezers!!!...lol...I just added a few 'man flowers', a photo, which I covered in acetate to protect it, and some brass charms to finish things off!


The back.......



again I used the manly scrapbook papers overstamped with the numbers and stitches stamp. The big "D" is done using the Eazy Score alphabet templates, I just added some eyelets, and hung a padlock and key from that.

The copper flower stem is again chipboard covered in copper embossing powder and the 'dots' are in fact the centre of those flowers.

i added a photo which was covered in acetate, which I overstamped with the stitches stamp in Stazon, and used various bits and pieces to stick it down, i.e. little wooden scrabble tiles and some brass charms, some 'man flowers'(flowers in dark manly colours to you and me)..lol... I also added some phrase stickers down the side as well as some rub-ons.

I do hope he likes this rather unusual Anniversary gift, sadly he can't be with me tomorrow as he can't get the time off his work, (he works in Hertfordshire and I live in Scotland), so we will need to celebrate our anniversary a bit later this year.

Thanks for looking in, and I do hope some of you will give this kind of gift a try, I had so much fun puting this piece together,

Jackie x

No comments: