Sunday, 28 February 2010
I Purchased Tim Holtz Compendium of Curiosities TSV from QVC last week and it arrived on Saturday, so I couldn't wait to have a little play and try out some of his techniques!
This is just a simple set of tags, I wanted to start small incase I fluffed things up!
Anyway, the tags are plain white, which I Distressed with the Brushed Corduroy ink that came in the pack, the stamps are 'What cats say' from Elusive Images and are stamped in Fired Brick Distressed Ink from my own stash. I brushed over the stamped images with Gold Perfect Pearls that also came in the kit!
I must admit to really liking this technique and now I know how to do it properly it will certainly be used more often from now on!
I'm so pleased I bought that book, because even though this style may not be for everybody I'm finding the more I look at what's in my craft stash the more I see that what I do have can be adapted! The book is a wonderfull compendium of ideas and inspiration...and that's the whole point.
So I'm going to have another play today and see if I can put together something a bit more special, I have a couple of ideas that I would try out!
Thanks for looking in,
Saturday, 27 February 2010
This is the first time I've tried anything like this and I'm quite pleased with the end result, the only thing I'm not happy with is the colour! It's too pink! But that's maybe because I'm not really a 'pink person'!
Anyway, I painted the background randomly with acrylic paint, sprayed it with Pink Glimmer mist and then stamped Joanna Sheen's perfume bottles and evening dresses in Red Brick Distressed ink! I stamped the square perfume bottle with Stazon onto acetate and then glittered it from behind! While that was drying I used the Frame sizzix die and stippled it with paint, then sprayed it with glimmer mists, I cut the photo to fit the frame and then stuck it down onto the canvas, stuck the frame on top then just 'dotted' some Clear Stickles Glitter Glue and rubbed it over the frame with my finger.
The little heart in the top corner is done using the 'waste' from the die cut frame, I added some little gems, Flora Doodles and a bow to finish it off. I also highlighted the text and frame using a pink Stardust Sakura pen!
This piece is waaay different from what I normally do and I must admit to having some serious fun doing this! In fact I think I'll give it to my mum for mothers' day as she is the one in the photo with Joanna, it was taken at Graphicus open day in december las year, and I took her along for her birthday! She got to meet Joanna and Glenda so that really made her day!
Thanks for looking in
Take care everyone
Tuesday, 2 February 2010
Just finished these to match the charm bracelet and necklace I did earlier! now I have a complete set!!
The ring was really simple, just beads threaded onto 1" headpins then attatched to the loops on the ring with jump rings.
The Earring were done in much the same way. 2" black Eye pins threaded with various beads and attatched onto earwires with jump rings. The heart charms were actually silver so I coloured them black using promarkers!
It took me half an hour to this little set, so it's very quick and simple, and if you've got the stuff handy, a great idea for that "last minute gift" lol.
Take care and thanks for looking in
Monday, 1 February 2010
Here is the pendant that I made to match the charm bracelet! And this has turned out much better than I expected, because I was just experimenting with some ideas and techniques so wasn't really sure what the end result would be.
Anyway, the base of the pendant is a chipboard rectangle which I have triple embossed and while the embossing powder was still hot I stamped into it with a crackle background stamp! The big black coil is just some spare wire I had lying around, I wrapped it loosely around a pencil then joined it by twisting the ends together, making a loop at the end. I made some glass bead charms and attatched them to the coil using some fine garden wire!
I made little coiled springs by just wrapping some black wire tightly round a pencil and looping the ends. I added more charms to the coils to give me more of a 'dangle'! I punched holes and added eyelets to finish off, and then just attatched everything using jump rings and added some faux leather cord.
I am really pleased with the end result of this, it has a slight 'industrial' look to it and it's very VERY different!
Thanks for looking in,
Take care everyone