Monday 1 February 2010

Eclectic charm pendant!





Here is the pendant that I made to match the charm bracelet! And this has turned out much better than I expected, because I was just experimenting with some ideas and techniques so wasn't really sure what the end result would be.

Anyway, the base of the pendant is a chipboard rectangle which I have triple embossed and while the embossing powder was still hot I stamped into it with a crackle background stamp! The big black coil is just some spare wire I had lying around, I wrapped it loosely around a pencil then joined it by twisting the ends together, making a loop at the end. I made some glass bead charms and attatched them to the coil using some fine garden wire!

I made little coiled springs by just wrapping some black wire tightly round a pencil and looping the ends. I added more charms to the coils to give me more of a 'dangle'! I punched holes and added eyelets to finish off, and then just attatched everything using jump rings and added some faux leather cord.

I am really pleased with the end result of this, it has a slight 'industrial' look to it and it's very VERY different!

Thanks for looking in,

Take care everyone

Jackie x

No comments: