Saturday 27 February 2010

Joanna Sheen mixed media canvas!





This is the first time I've tried anything like this and I'm quite pleased with the end result, the only thing I'm not happy with is the colour! It's too pink! But that's maybe because I'm not really a 'pink person'!

Anyway, I painted the background randomly with acrylic paint, sprayed it with Pink Glimmer mist and then stamped Joanna Sheen's perfume bottles and evening dresses in Red Brick Distressed ink! I stamped the square perfume bottle with Stazon onto acetate and then glittered it from behind! While that was drying I used the Frame sizzix die and stippled it with paint, then sprayed it with glimmer mists, I cut the photo to fit the frame and then stuck it down onto the canvas, stuck the frame on top then just 'dotted' some Clear Stickles Glitter Glue and rubbed it over the frame with my finger.

The little heart in the top corner is done using the 'waste' from the die cut frame, I added some little gems, Flora Doodles and a bow to finish it off. I also highlighted the text and frame using a pink Stardust Sakura pen!

This piece is waaay different from what I normally do and I must admit to having some serious fun doing this! In fact I think I'll give it to my mum for mothers' day as she is the one in the photo with Joanna, it was taken at Graphicus open day in december las year, and I took her along for her birthday! She got to meet Joanna and Glenda so that really made her day!

Thanks for looking in

Take care everyone

Jackie x

No comments: