Thursday 18 March 2010

Altered Mirror - Joanna Sheen style!





Many apologies for the recent lack of blogging. I've not really been feeling very inspired these days. I've just been 'pottering' around in my craftroom for a couple of days trying out a few different things to see if I can get my long lost 'mojo' back!

I've managed to actually concentrate on something and finally finished this off!

The mirror frame is from Ikea! and just cried out for 'something' to be done to it!

I painted the frame with the Blonde moments metalic paints in bronze, then decided to be smart and added some crackle accents to parts of the frame, but when I 'highlighted the cracks I didn't like the colour so decided to sand it down and gave it another coat of paint! Oh well, I'll know not to do that again! lol

The rectangle, square, ovals and hearts are all chipboard frames painted with Blonde Moments metallic paints, overstamped with Judikins Artefacts cube stamp (the 'stone' effect) and then heat embossed. It gives a lovely looking texture to the frames. They are filled with clear UTEE to give them a 'glass' look! The other rectangles and squares are stampboard, these were bits I was trying out and made a total mess of! lol, so I just triple embossed and stamped into while the powder was still hot, again using the Artefacts cube. There are a couple of alcohol inked pieces on there as well.
All the images are from Joanna Sheen's Victorian Romance cd rom! I adore that cd! Soooo useful for sooo many things!

Here's the 'before' shot!





Thanks for looking in

Take care everyone

Jackie xx

No comments: