Sunday 27 November 2011

Christmas tree decoration!

I bought these adorable little Papier Mache frames from The Artistic Stamper and couldn't wait to get playing!! This is the 'deep' one , it's 10cm square and just the perfect size!

I started off by painting the whole thing in gold acrylic metallic paint! When that was dry I mixed up some green and black acrylic paint and then painted over the whole thing again! When that was dry I used the Dots Background and then stamped and embossed in clear! I then mixed a paler shade of green and painted over the whole thing again! When it completely dry I then gave it rub with a rough cloth to remove some of the paint from the embossing, because the cloth was very rough I managed to bring through some of the original gold that I first started with! I love this rough and distressed look, gives it a bit of an olde worlde feel!

I had an off cut of sheet music in my stash so coloured that with glimmer mists and then stuck it into the bottom of the frame. I gave the whole thing a spritz with some gold spray ink. I added some sequin stars to the background and then used a hot glue gun to stick down that fancy embellishment which believe it or not came from the front of a Christmas cracker!!! lol.

I really am pleased with this piece! LOVE the way it's turned out and I think it will look great on my tree! And yes... it IS a biiiiiig tree...I got it in a sale last year at a DIY store! It's a 7 foot pre-lit tree and was selling for £199.95....it was reduced to...................wait for it................. a TENNER !!!! Bargain or what?!! :D
So that's why I think these will be great for my 'wee tree'! lol

Take care and thanks for dropping by

Jackie x

3 comments:

jac777 said...

Absolutely LOVE IT, Jackie x

Hels Sheridan said...

Very pretty... loving all that bling!!

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

oh my god what size is your house!!!! lol.....love the frame very festive x