Wednesday 2 November 2011

Last page from my little 'Inspiration' book!

This one is a "Time" themed page and I'll think I'll enter this for a challenge, over on The Artistic Stamper Creative Team Blog because I'm really pleased with the way this has turned out!

I ran Tim Holtz backing paper through the big shot with an On The Edge Tab die, then ran it through again with the Gearwheels Embossing folder. I roughly coloured the background with Wild Honey Distress Stain ( I do love this colour)! I Distressed the edges and the gearwheels with Brushed Corduroy and Fired Brick Distress Ink. I then stamped the pocket watch stamp in clear Versamark and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder!

I I die cut the Alterations Weathered Clock, distressed it with Wild Honey and Fired Brick then stuck part of it down onto the page. The wings are from the Alterations Winged Heart die which were distressed using Faded Jeans then over stamped with a crackle back ground stamp in Black Archival Ink! I stamped out a Different pocket watch from the same themeplate, distressed it in matching colours and then heat embossed the 'face' with clear embossing powder.  The phrase is also from the same themeplate and was stamped using Fired Brick Distress ink!!

I have just really started 'doing' backgrounds so it's not as good as I would have liked but once I get more 'stuff' to help me the better they will become! :D  (I hope) lol

Thanks for looking in

Take care

Jackie x



5 comments:

Rita said...

Lovely page Jackie. Lovely idea too. Hugs Rita xxxx

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeousness indeedily... thanks for playing along with the Artistic Stamper Challenge!

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

That looks great and thanks for sharing how you did it and the products used:)

craftytrog said...

Your page is stunning Jackie! Thanks for joining in with The Artistic Stamper Challenge! x

Artyjen said...

Lovely background on your piece :)
Thanks for joining in at The Artistic Stamper this month
xoxo Sioux