Saturday 3 December 2011

Girlie Notebook!

This was just an 'experiment' if you will...and seeing as it's my first attempt at this piece I now know what NOT to do!! lol

For a start off, I think I will use grey board for the covers, I just used ordinary card but it's not quite strong enough and also I'll do more pages but cut them a bit more 'evenly' ! ... *sighs* Still, the next one will be MUCH better!

Anyway here's how it was put together....The covers were sprayed with Glimmer Mists Pink Ink. Randomly over stamped with Dots background and the Chicken Wire background in Victorian Velvet Distressed ink.

I stamped out the Pen and Ink  stamp from Mabel Lucie Attwell and then coloured it using pro markers! I stamped out the Into Each Day... stamp and then just Distressed that using Victorian Velvet!



The inside 'pages' were done as follows....

Only one page was stamped because I left the rest plain, not everyone can write mega small!! lol ...

I used the Notebook stamp and stamped it out using Victorian Velvet Distressed Ink, the Ink Blots Background again stamped in the Victorian Velvet, I also distressed the edge of the page! The other pages were SUPPOSED to be cut the same size as the notebook page..... but you know how it is ... lol...

I just bound the whole thing with 1/2 " Bind It All wires and added some ribbon that I coloured using some pro markers!

NOT a brilliant piece of work but as I said, the next one will be better now I know what I'm doing lol!

I do like this idea and I think I will do a few but different colours and maybe make little stocking stuffers with them for Christmas.

Thanks for looking and take care,

Jackie x

No comments: