Thursday 19 January 2012

Groovy Baby !!

Woah! Pass the sunglasses!! lol....

I bought these nesting boxes from Ikea yonks ago and came across them again today when I was SUPPOSED to be tidying my craft desk ... *sighs* ....


I have that big canvas box at the back of my craft desk stuffed full of ... ermm ... well ... stuff !! lol... lots of little packs of embellishments and other things and it's driving me nuts looking at it overflowing all the time!! So thought I'd try and find another solution! Not sure if this will be any better but I DID enjoying playing lol !!

Anyway, as you can see, these boxes are just plain, but they are not a 'smooth' finish and are very VERY absorbent! I didn't really know what I was going to do with them but my distress stains were sitting on my desk.... soooo... Too good an opportunity to miss innit!! lol

Sooo I stained the box with Wild Honey, Faded Jeans and Forest Moss randomly on all four sides then spritzed with water! It was great to see all the colours 'bleed' and blend into each other, made it look a lot 'smoother'.... but it just needed something else.... AHA ! WILD PLUM Alcohol Ink !! EEKS !! But just such a strong and luscious colour! So I sprayed close up with water, dripped some ink, sprayed again and just left it to 'spread!! WOW!! Love it!! It has a Tied Dyed look and it's great!! All I need to do now is find some stamps to use on it! That should happen when I'm tidying my desk!! I WILL , honest!! lol....

Anyway here's a close up of the effects on the box ... cool or what!?!





Got another little surprise today too :D My Blog Candy winnings from Hels !! I was a winner in her Give away before Christmas and only found out last weeks! :o ..



I have already got a couple of ideas for a couple projects with some of the pieces in that pack so I will probably start next week, hopefully by then things will have settled down a little. It's my Mother in Law's funeral on Saturday so it's going to be tough.


I would just like to say a big Thank You to Hels for the lovely give away and also for making me smile! :D


Take care all and thanks for dropping by

Jackie x

1 comment:

Hels Sheridan said...

Sorry to hear about your MiL hunny.... sending a big old hug to you and yours xxx