Thursday 7 February 2013

An explosion of colour!






Well, I've had a little "me" break yesterday/today....needed to take some time out from college art and do some of my own. So, I spent some time working on a journal page.

I sprayed the background with Dylusions Lemon Zest, Squeezed Orange and Bubblegum pink onto lots of water to let them all blend in together.. when dry, I randomly stamped over it using Fired Brick Distress inks and Black Archival ink.

The "fairy's wings" are actually stamped using the Patchwork Butterfly Themeplate from Chocolate Baroque as are the random stamps of swirls and a half butterfly in the background.

I coloured the wings using Inktense pencils....LOVE these pencils!! ..... now on to the ballerina....this was a clip art  image from Microsoft word which i just enlarged....i printed it off twice. Carefully cut out the ballerina from one image and used what was left as a stencil. I drew around it with an inktense pencil and then overstamped the 'space' with my favourite crackle background stamp using Fired Brick Distress Ink. I was originally going to colour the ballerina all black and use her as a silhouette but changed mind and decided to colour her instead, again using Inktense pencils.

Wasn't very happy with the background so I added some stencils and doodles to 'finish' it off a little.

Once everything was stuck down I then edged it with a black intense pencil to make it stand out a little.

A bit of a change from me this time as I don't normally 'do' bright and girlie but I am surprised at the way it's turned out despite the fact I hate orange! I find it such a 'difficult' colour...always have and always will lol.


Thanks for dropping by,

Take care

Jackie x

3 comments:

Rita said...

Fantastic Work. Lovely to hear from you again Jacqueline. Hope you have a brilliant 2013. Hugs Rita xx

Crafty Lark said...

I love this art Jackie, also a great sentiment. xx Flora

Unknown said...

Oh wow what a fab blog...I just love what you do it's different from the norm to me but very very creative...love this colour scheme, though like you, not a fan of orange or green but love what you did here...have joined as a new member..wow...luv aNNie..

http://annieforeva.blogspot.com.au