Wednesday 10 July 2013

Junk Journal .

Those of you who follow me know that I take part in the WOYWW blog hop every wednesday - there is a clickable link in my sidebar , just look for the WOYWW badge - . When I shared my desk this week that little journal was sitting there as I had been working on it. I was asked if I could show pictures and explain what I have to it so far so here goes....


It is in fact an old High School diary/organsier belonging to my son. he was going to throw it away but I manage to rescue it. It is A5 size and I plan on using 'desktop scraps' and as many recycled things as I can for decorating it.

Now here is a photo of the front cover. It is clear plastic and no matter what I used the papers just would not stick so had to resort to double sided sticky tape and will use a few clips as well.....*note to oneself - snad it down next time* ...

The cover :- Some off cuts of decorative papers, stamped tissue paper, an oddment of lace and  some beads. The 'paintpots' are cut from one of those colour swatch magazines you get from the DIY stores.

This is the inside of the plastic cover, A piece of 'mop-up' kitchen roll from using the Dylusions inks sprays, and image from a CD rom printed off aaaaages ago, and an offcut of card for the journalling.



This is the  back side of the cardboard cover behind the plastic cover, because this was palin white I didn't need to do anything to it so thought it was perfect for painting on. I didn't set out to 'do' anything to this page just started by making some 'marks' with Inktense pencils and this is what turned out.

This is the page opposite , now these pages are very thin so I stuck two of them together, so they wouldn't disintegrate when I put 'stuff' on them! I gave this one a base of gesso first, used acrylic inks for the background and just drew the letters with Inktense pencils. the journaling is done using black pitt fineliners and a white posca paint marker.



The two photos above are just to show what the pages are like untreated so to speak.

Really looking forward to the challenge of this little book, will be interesting to see what I can come up with just with using the 'scraps' that were lying on my desk 'unused'!

Thanks for dropping by,

Take care

Jackie x

2 comments:

Uniflame said...

Thanks for sharing this! I wouldn't have thought about stamping on tissue paper! I will try that! No clue how to best paste that on a page, but I am sure I will find something on the web about that :)

Monique said...

Ha, found it =). Love your journal, you're off to a great start!
xx