Saturday 21 June 2014

Altered Mirror.

First of all I must apologise for this photograph. Mirrors and flash photography don't mix! Hence the piece of card in the middle.

Anyway, this was one of those inexpensive little mirrors from Ikea. A very plain wooden frame crying out for some altering.
I used Pèbèo Studio Acrylics for the background which was just randomly brushed on. I then used the Studio texture paste 'White Sand' and stencilled through a home made stencil. While this was drying I gilded some little chipboard frames with copper gilding flakes and stuck them down to the corner of the frame. I used some Pèbèo Fantasy Moon and Fantasy Prisme paints and poured them into the mini frames. While that set aside drying I used the same paint on the little tiles, which are actually the insides of the mini frames. Once they were fully dry I then painted the edges of the tiles with some copper colour paint from my stash to tone them in with the frames on the bottom corner.
I used Pèbèo Studio acrylics in metallic colours to match the background and randomly brushed over the texture paste to tone in the swirls and also just randomly brushed the rest of the background to finish it off.

A nice little project this one and I like they way it turned out.

Thanks for dropping by.

Take care
Jackie x

No comments: