Saturday 21 June 2014

Gilded Timepiece

Now this project I DID have fun with! Took me nearly three days but there is a LOT of work involved.

The background was done using Pèbèo Studio Acrylic  randomly brushed over the 20x8" canvas. While it was drying I set about making and gilding the flowers.
These were done using a rubber stamp. I stamped  out the flower ten times then cut them out. I then brushed over the gilding glue and set them aside to dry, meanwhile, I cut the cogs and gearwheels and the weathered clock using my Bigshot machine. I then brushed on some gilding glue and set these aside to dry. Now the flowers are dry I just popped then into my box of gilding flakes. Brushed off the excess and then gave them a coat of Terracotta and Green alcohol inks as I wanted to give them a 'rusty' look. I just did the same with cogs.
I constructed all the flowers ( there is a good tutorial for this over on The Artistic Stamper blog by the way). Glued them down with a hot glue gun and used glass beads for the centres. The cogs, gearwheels and clock are stuck down with p.v.a. glue.
I used Pèbèo Fantasy Moon and Fantasy Prisme paints for the dribbles. Love the effects of these two paints when the mix together.

The quote was done in gold marker pen on a scrap piece of card which was sprayed with Copper Cosmic Shimmer. I used dome copper paint and gold paint from my own stash to stencil through dome sequin waste randomly over the rest of the painting and then just gave a light spray of the Cooper Cosmic Shimmer to finish.

REALLY pleased with the way this turned and it is one of my favourite pieces.

Thank you for dropping by.

Take care

Jackie x

No comments: