Saturday 21 June 2014

The Lizard King !

My quirky side kicked in for piece and I love it!! Very different and just plain fun!

This was done in a one inch deep box frame. First of all I randomly brushed over the background using Pèbèo Studio acrylics . Then painted the frame in black. Set it aside to dry while I gilded the little toy rubber lizard. Isn't he just cute!.I then painted in some black triangles around the inside edge of the box. I used the gilding outliner paste to draw zig zag lines down the sides of the frame and once that had dried I then used foil sheets to gild the lines. I painted the feet of the lizard and used it as a 'stamp' to give the footprints. The quote is done on  two ice-lolly sticks which were painted in the same colours as the background. Stuck everything down and let it dry.
I then used the Pèbèo Crystal resin and mixed up enough to embed everything in resin.
A REALLY fun and quirky piece which has slight 'Tribal' feel to it. Really had fun with this and just let my quirky side come out on this one.

Thanks for dropping by

Take care
Jackie x

No comments: