Tuesday 5 July 2016

Art Journaling

One of the first things I promised myself when I finished college was to do more art journaling. I think it is a great way to practice to practice new techniques and try out new ideas as well as a great way to blow off some steam and vent a little.
I was lucky enough to be able to take a workshop with Glenda Waterworth a couple of weeks ago. It was a very informative class which I thoroughly enjoyed. It also boosted my confidence a little as I haven't  really done a lot of journaling in this kind of style.

I started this journal in Glenda's class as I had bought it when I was at college specifically for working in when I had finished. It is a Pink Pig spiral bound A4 size.
This page was done fairly quickly by starting out using Gesso.  When dry I then did some writing using pro markers. The purpose of the Gesso was to make sure the pro markers didn't  bleed through the page. Anyway after writing in the 'normal' direction (left to right) I rotated the page , changed colour and wrote the same again. I did this three times changing colour each time. Then covered the whole page in another coat of Gesso.  When dry I then sprayed with Dylusions inks. Dried them off and then used some stencils with Distress Inks. The words were also done using stencils. I used a black rollerball and a white Posca Paint marker to highlight the word Change. These two words relate to the journaling which was covered up.
I didn't  really plan this page as such, I just sat down and played around and this is what came out.
I am feeling pretty rotten today (stinking cold) so had to give the redecorating of the living room a miss.

Thanks for dropping by

Take care

Jackie x



No comments: