Friday 15 July 2016

Assemblage Clock

Hi Everyone,  sorry I haven't been around much lately but I've busy redecorating my living room.
Anyway, I thought I'd  share  this project I did a while ago.
I finally managed to get my hands on a Tim Holtz assemblage Clock.  I had been looking for one for ages but they always seemed to have been sold out! I just couldn't  wait to get to work on this!
I coloured the shiny chrome surface with alcohol inks to make it look old and rusty. Used some off cuts of Tim Holtz papers for the insides which were then coloured with Distress Inks. I used The Artist Stamper ' Tick-Tock'  butterfly and flower stamps to create the 3D butterfly and rose and then added a little glass phial filled with watch parts and then added a quote and some ribbons to finish it off. Had loads of fun doing this project as I do love this kind of work but it has been such a long time since I have done any because of college studies.
A close up of the ' contents  ' of the clock.

And here is a close up of the finish.

Thanks for dropping by.
Hope you all enjoy your weekend. 
Take care
Jackie x

No comments: