Sunday 6 August 2017

Mixed media madness....

Many apologies for the lack of blogging recently but I have been busy creating!!
It has been thoroughly enjoyable being able to get back into my style of work and just generally  doing what I love best. This was quite a large a project but a fun one.
After spending three years at college studying contemporary art it was nice to get away from how things 'should be done' and be able to experiment with all my craft stash that I have accumulated over the years as well as experiment with some new things as well.
I have only recently discovered https://www.craftbox.co.uk/ ...yes I know ... where have I been?!! Well wow! What a stunning box to receive.  All beautifully presented with the most scrumptious embellishments, ephemera, charms, resin frames and card and papers, all wrapped in a beautiful quality box!
I REALLY need to get my budget in order a bit to get more of her gorgeous products! Especially the paints and sprays!!
Anyway....I digress.... back to the project...
I used a mixture of two craftboxes for this project. The Apothecary Box and the Steampunk box..... I just sat and played and had some serious fun mixing and matching the contents of both boxes to decorate each individual little box.


Above is a photo of the book style box, the inside cover is decorated with tissue paper and then painted with acrylic paint mixed with matt medium to make it transparent as I wanted the images to show through slightly.



Here is a better view of the seperate boxes within the main box itself. Lots of different embellishments and techniques used creating them.
This little box was fun to put together and just slightly quirky! I used a tiny balloon shaped jar embellishment from the Apothecary Craftbox , I turned it upside down and created a little hot air balloon using some string, a tiny crown embellishment from my own stash and hot glue. Has a bit of a Steampunk feel which fitted with some of the other elements from the Steampunk craftbox.


Another fun and quirky box. This embellishment is simply gorgeous! It is articulated and also headless (a bit like me most days)! I used a paper flower for her head and a metal flower to further embellish as well as a quote sticker. It always makes me smile this one!!

This box contains a heavy wooden quote whit was then sprayed with Cosmic Shimmer inks and then stuck down over backing papers and stickers which also came with the craftbox.


This is part of a set of three and was the first one I tried. This embellishment came in the box and I had planned to 'set' in CLEAR UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) but I lifted the wrong pot and ended up using interference blue instead, which was opaque and obliterated the charm. I managed to salvage it though by adding some copper coloured embossing powder to kill the colour slightly. The other little boxes I did with clear UTEE! That'll teach me to pay more attention next time!!

All in all this project was really fun and I enjoyed it immensely.  Was so good to get back into my crafting style again.
Thank you for dropping by

Take care
Jackie x

No comments: